October 4, 2017

Front Porch Intruder Alert

Hearing my dog wildly barking I peeked out the window, wondering who or what I might see.

Intruder Alert: Squirrel Huddled In A Corner
A cat went running across the porch, down the front steps, and on down the street. Yes, that cat went scat when he heard my dog Valentino. My dog has little tolerance for the many stray cats in the neighborhood.

I leashed my boy up, opened the front door, and what did I see? In the corner crouched a small squirrel, apparently hiding behind the broom on the porch. Thankfully, my dog has little interest in squirrels, this one included. Actually, he was too busy trying to find that cat!

Nonetheless, I took the dog for a walk and upon our return the squirrel was gone. No more squirrel, no more cat, dog has taken care of business... Now I can return to my computer work and play for the day!

When it comes to "his front porch" my dog Valentino is the best intruder alert system around. However, it does not hurt to have a security camera system in place too, for when my dog and I are out and about.


Ruth Cox is an Amazon Associate and may earn commission based on purchases made via links in this article. Thank you for supporting abitosunshine!

We're linked up with Noner Says with our not-so-Wordless Wednesday picture for today. Surf on over, say hello, and add your link too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!