April 23, 2015

Chasing Black Swallowtail Butterfly

Black Swallowtail butterflies aplenty have flown across my path this past week. A few finally landed upon honeysuckle long enough to be captured on camera. Sweetness!

While walking my dog Valentino yesterday I was delighted to find a half dozen of the Black Swallowtails fluttering wildly around a honeysuckle bush in full bloom. Now to keep my dog still so that one or more might land in front of the eye of my cell phone camera. (Valentino was a good boy and stood still!)

First to land was one of the Eastern Black Swallowtails, with "tails" pretty much hidden behind the leaves, unfortunately. Still, you can see it is a black beauty.


Best of all was being able to capture the Giant Swallowtail butterfly, which I have been chasing for two years now. I finally caught it in a shot worthy of sharing!


Disclosure: Ruth Cox is an associate of Zazzle and may earn via purchases made through links in this article.


I am linking this article up with Writer's Unite over at Marsha's Spot. If you're a writer, check out her weekly post and add the links to a couple of your published articles.


I so enjoy chasing butterflies while walking my dog in the north Florida sunshine! Are you a butterfly chaser too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!