January 26, 2013

Six for Work Six for Play

I am ... Sharing Six Word Saturday ... Hey! That was six words, too! Six Word Saturday (also known as the abbreviated 6WS) is a Saturday blog hop where we are asked to "Describe your life in six words."

Off the JOB for the weekend.
What shall I DO this weekend?
BALANCE work and play this weekend!

Yes! I have the weekend off from my job at Roman's Pizza and Sub Shoppe. I am free to do as I please for two days, hooRAYo! Still, I plan to balance work and play for the weekend. For me, balancing the two is fairly easy as most of my work at home I consider play, too. I so enjoy my online work, so much so that it really is my "me" time, my "play" time, yet I am learning and earning while I work and play. I guess that is one of the differences between a j-o-b and working at home.

Here is my list of ToDos

(Six for work; six for play.)


  1. Publish my Six Word Saturday Post
  2. Create and publish a Squidoo lens
  3. Finish up reading Divide by Zero
  4. Invite YOU to SHARE the LOVE
  5. Make a black bean cabbage stew
  6. Mail a Sunshine Postcard to ... Who?


Now, I am sure I will add a few other things to my ToDo list for the weekend, such as the mundane task of some cleaning of the house or the delightful time set aside to play with my dog. Nonetheless, I will be content to...

Work and play the weekend away!

So tell me...

What will you do this weekend?


21 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! Black bean & cabbage seem like an odd combo to me, but interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, try it; you might like it! Seriously, having adopted the Eat to Live way of eating into my daily life, I am learning a lot about good and healthy food combinations.

      Delete
  3. Love that you are still using balance in your posts.... I had no idea that word would have such an impact on so many people!
    Have a great couple of days off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brenda, your post on the topic of "balance" was just what I needed to help keep me on the right path. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your weekend, whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Now, how did you figure out that I have such trouble staying on focus? Hahaha! I've already added a few ToDos but I do plan on working through this list with a playful attitude!

      Delete
  6. Yes, it is good to balance work and play! Enjoy a productive...and restful day! (:>)

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, it has been a productive day here, and yes, I have even managed to rest a bit too. I hope your day has been as blessed as mine!

      Delete
  7. I will bake banana bars (I call them Monkey Bars); I will take ome old books to the book exchange and look for Tolkein's trilogy there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate - I want to know all about banana bars! This weekend I will write several posts, create a Google Album, attend a 50th birthday party, Sunday church service, put together a craft with my son and do laundry. I also intend to send out a few hand written cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to know about those banana bars, too, Elizabeth!

      Your ToDo list is a busy one, too! A few unplanned todos took to my list so a few of my six will be left over for another day!

      Delete
  9. I will do what I usually do, enjoy the quiet time to write and comment, spend some downtime with my husband and beloved furkids, and watch the dustbunnies grow, maybe chase them around a bit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like quite a productive list ... with a busy busy list, it is also nice to make sure you spend time to do a little of "nothing" because you can!!
    6WS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy quality time with my kids. That's my six words for Saturday! It was fun. We played wii games together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a busy weekend. We went to the Cincinnati Cyclones game Saturday night and the Louisville Boat and RV show today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liking your plan, unfortunately mine was mostly work this weekend but planning to have a lot more play next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!