February 25, 2011

Sunshine Blessings


Along with my blessing of sunshine comes a couple of other things...

First, a special Thank you! to a special Gather Friend (you know who you are) for a private "I Miss You" message.

I've been extremely busy, online and offline. I am writing and creating, just spreading it around a bit at many different venues, (again, online and offline). My newest online forum is Squidoo, where I have high hopes of earning an income one day, as well as creating for charity!

I've also spent the last few weeks job hunting again, since there have actually been job listings in our area for a change. With that, I'm happy to announce that...

I am no longer among the unemployed!

As of Monday morning at 6 am my schedule will be quite different and will take some serious getting used to. I am not a morning person! And I'll be a breakfast server at a family-style restaurant. Nothing glamorous, but it is work and I'll be feeling much more useful; being unemployed has not been good for my sense of self-worth.

I'm also spending a lot of time at the nursing home with my aunt. But, she may be going home next week. She'd just a couple weeks ago been moved from the therapy section of the home to the long-term section, but Aunt Martha Bell has decided she wants to go home.

For me, this means I'll be leaving work and heading to her place for a few hours. So, I may not be online as much for awhile. And when I am, I'll be concentrating on being as productive as I can be, need to be, for me.

As for today, I have a few errands to run, however, with a nasty winter storm arriving overnight that dropped rain and ice and now is dropping snow, I may just stay home today. I need the rest and I'd like to do some serious catching up online.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, and I hope the Squidoo pays off for you too. I have another friend who is on Squidoo. Best of luck in all your ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beverly! You'll have to point me in your friend's direction at Squidoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthi, Congratulations and Best Wishes on your job. I see a ray of sunshine shining on you. Sending warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you, D! I believe you're quite right about that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!